Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cards

So it is summer... I know I need to show and talk about what I did in my classes from the semester since I hadn't done it during the school year. I been kind of busy this summer, found out that I get magrains and not headaches; now I am trying to control them, but its taking time. I notice that with them it is hard for me to read and a lot of other things, but hopefully with the meds. I got from the doctor, I will be myself again by this fall when school starts.

My plan was to try and work though the work books I got last fall and find new ways to to use my programs; this way I know them better. For now I am tired of buying greeting cards. I remember when I was younger I use to make them with stamps that my Nana would give me and my sister. Thinking about that I decided to create my own cards for special events. Thus far I have only done two but I am learning new things about my programs as well in doing this.

The only ones I have done so far was a birthday card for my niece. It is Hannah Montana, my niece is in love with this girl. I found a picture online of her and crop her out, then create a new background for the card.

(Front)


The next one I did was a wedding card I did for a friend of mine. My friend was getting married and she didn't register any where for her wedding gifts, so I made her a wedding gift. I took one of there engagement pictures that they took and worked on it. I took out the garbage can behind them as well as the mail box. I also took out a branch from the tree that they are standing next to so it wouldn't take a way from them. Last but not least I made the photo a bit more sharper than what it was.

(Before)

(After)


And no gift is complete without a card to go with it. I decided to use the invitation as a the theme of the card. It came with a plastic cover that had a design on it, so I scan that in and try to come up with any ideas. The first thing I notice that it had a very floral theme on it. As I was trying different things on it to see what look better I notice that it had a flower tours the bottom and it had a butterfly on it; so I darken it. Looking at it the butterfly was still blinding in the background so I painted it darker to stand out the most.

(Front: There is more to this part, but I don't want to give out my friends name)



Now on the inside of the card I use the same theme, but I just darken the background. Then I just added a quote I had (I keep a collection of quotes) to help finish the card off.

(Inside)


These cards are pretty fun to do. Now I just need to think up a logo for myself to put on the back of them. I am thinking K. Bryson Designs and maybe one of my silhouette pictures... Maybe my artwork called Spain...

No comments:

Post a Comment